What can you do to prevent getting a communicable disease?
- Wash your hands well and often with soap and water. This is the most important infection control measure.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze, throw away the tissue.
- If you are near a person who is coughing or sneezing, keep a distance from them of at least 3 feet.
- Prepare and handle food in a sanitary manner.
- If something doesn't taste right, don't eat it. When in doubt, throw it out.
- Dispose of wastes properly.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces regularly.
- Use latex or vinyl gloves for contact with blood.